Friday, July 10, 2015

In Honour of Fred the Fish I, II, III, IV, and V

I adore goldfish.  Unfortunately, as you can tell from the title I've shared my life with a few.

I used to go to the yearly carnival and with the exorbitant cost of a quarter be allowed to toss a ping pong ball into a small glass bowl and win, yet another goldfish.   Every year, my dad would exclaim don't let her near the fish game she'll win.  Unfortunately for him some unscrupulous person would hand me a quarter and we'd have yet another goldfish that I promptly named Fred.

Many years later I was still a temporary caretaker to a series of Freds.  My kids got into the act by demanding that the next fish NOT be named Fred.  Chutney was the choice and he stayed with us for many years.

I've been working on a memorial quilt to honour Fred.  This is how he looks so far.  I haven't figured out how to attach him.  He was created using angelina fibres, film, and wire.  More on that another time.






Luv pauline
Goldfish, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment