Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Warm memories wrap me up in this quilt

Hi!

When my girls were young I used to sew them beautiful dresses. 






I was never interested in easy to create outfits.  These projects would allow me to explore my creativity and to collect fabric.  At some point I realized I had more fabric than needed.  What could I do to continue justifying my desire for more?  Take a quilting class.  

This is the result.




The majority of fabrics used in the sampler quilt are remnants from my daughters' dresses.  I was worried I wouldn't like quilting and so I used up my scraps.  Thankfully, I loved the quilting but I was terrified of wrecking it so the top remained stashed away until this spring.  I've been in a finish it or give-it-away mode this year.  

There are only two tops remaining in the to-do list, both of them Bargello in the Round quilt tops.  Then there is the Wolf Quilt and the Fred the Fish Quilt which don't count because they are still being completed.

I'll be posting the quilting I used on this top, very soon and also a fantastic way to try out your designs before actually committing to the quilting.  Stay tuned!  (for more of your favourite programming)  hehehe, couldn't resist

Luv pauline


1 comment:

  1. Your quilting is very pretty. Good job finishing the quilt.

    ReplyDelete